Mr Tim Banks
Faculty IT Manager
My role is to help and advise the Faculty on IT related matters as well as representing the Faculty on central University committees.
Specific areas in which I may be able to help are as follows.
- Data storage and data security (particularly for research projects)
- Data encryption
- IT projects (such as database development)
- Ensuring services provided by central University IT (such as desktop support) are operating effectively
I believe IT systems should ...
- be an enabler, not a barrier
- make our working lives easier, not more difficult (and save time, not take more)
- be logical and intuitive
- "just work".
I will be working hard to ensure these principles become a minimum standard for all IT systems across the University.
If you have any questions or would like to share any IT-related frustrations, please do get in touch.
My working week is split between PVAC (3 days), ESSL (1 day) and Arts (1 day - temporary secondment).